Great Britain Hockey is pleased to be able to offer the opportunity for an existing hockey facility to provide an expression of interest to receive one water based carpet, which was used at the London 2012 Olympic games
From two pitches used during the games, it is envisaged that one complete pitch will be made available.
GB Hockey is seeking expressions of interest from facilities based on the following criteria:
- · Must be an EHB, Hockey Wales or Scottish Hockey Affiliated Club, or be working in partnership with an Affiliated Club
- · Applicant must own the land on which the pitch would be installed, with a minimum of 20 years secured
- · Must be able to guarantee build within 6 months of collection
- · Must be able to collect and transport the carpet, at the facilities own cost
- Must have an existing infrastructure capable of hosting a water based surface
- · Must be willing to sign up to a Community Use Agreement, which typically partners the governing body, any local clubs, and requires a commitment for fair pricing, and 100 free or heavily discounted hours for youth development per annum.
- · Must be able to remove the carpet from Olympic Park by a set date (TBC) but likely to be during late October/early November.
Expressions of Interest are now being taken by using the following link, and will close promptly at 5pm Tuesday 18th September.