What is England Hockey's strategy to help inspire more, better and happier players?
Click here to register for free with the Hockey Hub for a range of resources and ideas to support your sessions, your one stop shop for coaches.
Click here to follow us on twitter to be the first to hear of news and development, and gain access to resources and articles to help you inspire more, better and happier players
Click here to find out how to become an EH Coach member and access essential tools and resources to support coaching delivery including discounts on CPD and tickets, free gift and coaches insurance.
Coaches and Coaching continues to be a cornerstone of Hockey. Whether it is introducing someone to the game for the first time, working with a club side or engaging with the performance environment across Great Britain, the coach is a critical factor in determining the quality of a player’s experience.
As a result, coaches will have a huge influence on whether children, young people and adults playing the game will take up, stay and progress within the sport. If we are going to achieve our sports objectives across Great Britain, we need the best coaches possible, coaches who feel valued, supported and rewarded for their contribution to the sport.
England Hockey, in partnership with Hockey Wales and Scottish Hockey, are currently focusing on the following six areas with the aim to lead the culture and support for coaches to excel in the creation of more, better and happier players.
- Great Britain Coaching Strategy – We will inspire the direction of Coaching across Great Britain and establish and embed a clear and consistent coaching philosophy
- Growing the Coaching Offer across Great Britain – We will create a coach development offer that will provide relevant and accessible learning opportunities to support the coach in whatever role they play
- Appropriate supply of skilled coaches to meet demand – We shall develop and establish clear standards of key coaching roles, along with enhanced recruitment practices
- Investing in a network of Coach Developers – We will develop a network of skilled Coach Developers to help develop, support and nurture active coaches
- Targeted support and development of Talent and Performance Coaches – We will provide specific support to coaches within the Talent and Performance pathways through delivering a number of Coach Development Programmes
- Increase the number of ‘strongly attached’ coaches – We aim to have a greater connect with the Coaching workforce than ever before
For more resources to help you inspire more, better and happier players please click here or follow the Hockey Hub, Twitter and Coach Membership links on the right.
For more information or if you have any questions related to coaching please contact firstname.lastname@example.org