About the Great Britain Coaching Club Programme
Great Britain Coaching Club Programme
What is the Coaching Club Programme?
England Hockey, Hockey Wales and Scottish Hockey have developed a suite of continuous professional development opportunities which are flexible, accessible and inspirational, to better develop and better support you.
As a coach, you play a crucial role in developing and inspiring more, better and happier players…..and this programme will support all coaches, across all environments; whether you coach children, adults or talented players.
So, do you think you inspire players? Do players leave your session with that ‘buzz’ and can’t wait to come back week in week out come rain or shine? Yes or no, these development opportunities will provide you with the tools to add to your coaching toolkit and support you to inspire more, better and happier players!
Why do we need it?
Over the past few months, we have been asking coaches across Great Britain what we need to do to better support you and this is what you have said……
- 76% of coaches have asked for more localised workshops.
- The number one motivation for coaches to learn is to develop knowledge and skills
- Coaches would like to learn by working with other coaches at different levels
- 2 out of 3 coaches want knowledge of a wider range of coaching methods
- Over half of the coaches surveyed want more information on how to make players good decision makers
- As coaches you have stated that CPD workshops and Informal Learning make a bigger impact than Coaching Qualifications
- The most significant barrier to coaching development is that it takes too much time
Ultimately, coaches want to learn with more coaches, more often. We recognise that you do not feel well supported and we are keen to communicate more regularly, establishing a 1:1 relationship with all active coaches and provide relevant and appropriate support to help you develop.
How will it be delivered?
The programme will be delivered in a variety of ways, from practical delivery to e-learning; to ensure this programme is flexible and accessible to your needs. It will also provide you with the time to reflect on your own coaching practice and to network with other coaches.
What opportunities are available to me?
There are 4 workshops available in the Great Britain Coaching Club Programme, please click on the link for more information on each workshop:
- Cutting edge practical resources
- Access to the best workforce
- Delivery in high quality venues at England Hockey approved centres