Mens 1st XI ManagerEast Grinstead Hockey Club West Sussex, England
East Grinstead Hockey Club are seeking a Men’s 1st XI Manager for the 2021/2022 season. The candidate will join the Management Team and will work alongside the Head Coach and Assistant Coach, both on training and match days.
East Grinstead Hockey Club holds a vast history of grass roots and elite hockey, producing multiple Olympians past and present for the past 120 years. The club hosts a large and growing Junior section as well as 4 Ladies’ teams and 6 Men’s teams. The Men’s 1st team have seen a number of Internationals, including England & GB, to players from across the world. The team has been competitive in both Indoor and Outdoor forms of the game, claiming 16 National titles in the last 30 years and performing in both the EHL (European Hockey League) and the EuroHockey Indoor Championships, hosting both indoor and outdoor European events at East Grinstead HC, the first English club to do so. The team will play in both the Indoor and Outdoor Men’s Premier League for the 2021/22 season.
The role of the manager will include:
- Registration and player admin using England Hockey’s registration portal.
- Team registration and liaise with England Hockey League officials
- Manage team logistics, including kit and travel.
- Be present on match days, hosting officials and opposition teams.
- Working with the match day officials to supply the correct paperwork
- Work alongside the coaching team to run the bench.
- Working with the coaching team to organise the pre-season programme.
- Be available to help with training on a Tuesday and Thursday when required.
- Help to organise the fixture calendar alongside the management and coaching team.
- Build relationships with players.
- Build relationships with our kit supplier and sponsors.
- Work with the team Physio to manage player welfare.
Candidates’ desirable skills:
- Worked within or aspire to work within an elite sporting programme.
- Previous experience as a sports team Manager.
- Understanding of the England Hockey Leagues.
- Ability to work within an ambitious and professional Management Team.
Back to Job Listings