Coach for men's squadHarrow Hockey Club Harrow, HA1 3SB
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced EH Level 2 / Performance Coaches to lead the coaching and development of the Mens squad.
Mens training is Tuesdays 7.30pm – 9.30pm
Harrow HC is an ambitious and growing club always with a warm welcome and a passion for developing the future from within. We have senior experienced players and a great junior system that is bringing through representative level players and young players with a passion for hockey. The teams have great ambition and commitment to continue to progress. This presents a great opportunity for a coach or player coach to work within the club to support this continued development and progression. Training is at Sudbury Fields, Sudbury Hill, Harrow HA1 3SB.
• Work with the section leadership (captains & Club Captain) and Director of Hockey to deliver the plan for progression and development of hockey at Harrow.
• Lead training. Pre-season pitch training normally starts first week of August with training running through the full league season to end March.
• Support the link between juniors and seniors – communicate with our junior leadership actively encouraging and providing and positive environment for younger players moving into senior hockey.
• Work with the captain(s) on selection and general team management
• Bring a passion for the club, creating a positive and engaging environment for all
• Have a natural ability to network across club stakeholders, parents/supporters and players
• Relevant coaching qualification (EH L2 / EH Hockey Coach / Performance Coach) or international equivalent
• Up to date Safeguarding and First Aid.
• Available for training Tuesday nights (match days optional, additional hour for junior coaching also an option 6.30 - 7.30pm).
• Experience of coaching and managing senior teams and developing players through a club.
• Ideally experience of coaching in the player pathway
• A fit with our club ethos
• Relevant DBS check and references will be required prior to appointment
• Rate of pay / Salary (2hrs training & 2hrs match days) – Negotiable depending on experience and qualification.
Back to Job Listings
Please send your hockey CV to apply or any questions to:
Director of Hockey
Informal discussions welcome for further clarity.
An informal interview and possible trial session will be part of the selection process.
Closing Date: As soon as suitable candidate found. Applications currently OPEN and succesful candidate could start in the current season.
We unfortunately cannot provide any coaches or player coaches accommodation as part of the role and cannot support VISA applications.