Director of Junior HockeyOld Georgians Hockey Club Surrey
Old Georgians Hockey Club is looking to recruit a Director of Junior Hockey to lead their programme. The Junior Section is an exciting prospect with the potential to grow in both size and offer. Currently juniors play in our midweek training sessions and play in Sunday hockey leagues, cup fixtures and tournaments.
There is a vast programme outdoor hockey catering for all range of abilities and scope to grow our indoor provision. The Club is looking to develop outreach partnerships with a range of local schools, to add to our current schools. OG’s has been awarded Talent Centre status from England Hockey and is working through its Year 2 programme.
Dedicated coaches and volunteers work within the Club to ensure that all Junior players develop in a positive, family environment where eventual transition into Senior hockey is viewed as a natural progression.
Starting: August 2024
Salary: Competitive and subject to experience
Back to Job Listings
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a junior hockey strategic plan, with the Director of Hockey.
- Set objective targets and implement strategic plan for a 3 year cycle.
- Co-ordinate and enhance the Junior hockey programme, ensure that each player’s experience is enjoyable, safe and challenging.
- Help with the recruitment and management of junior coaches and volunteers.
- Delivery of CPD opportunities to support development across all levels of coaches and volunteers.
- Plan and co-ordinate the junior holiday provision.
- Ensure we are competing at all levels of competitions in cups and leagues and providing lots of opportunities for development.
- Oversee the outreach programme and work with current coaches and partners to increase provision.
- Lead on Talent Centre activities and engagement with England Hockey.
Desired experience and qualities:
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
- Experience in managing a school, club, or university programme.
- Effective organisational and communicator skills.
- Passionate about hockey and wanting to grow the game.