The Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE) programme is a government funded scheme designed to directly measure the athletes' ability to plan, apply and evaluate their development in the appropriate aspects of hockey.
The DiSE programme is delivered in partnership between England Hockey and Loughborough College. Players will be expected to attend four national camps that provide a rich blend of on-pitch technical and tactical sessions, presentations, 1-2-1s and elements of portfolio work.
DiSE is part of the European Social Fund.
Who is eligible for the programme?
• Players entering into Year 12 or post GCSE full time courses in either school or a further education college (excluding apprenticeships).
• Players must remain in full time education for the duration of the DISE programme.
• Players must be born between 1st September 2003 and 31st August 2004
• Players must have attended Performance Centre activity in 2019-2020
• Priority will be given to athletes who can attend all four camps. Please refer to dates listed in the earlier part of the programme overview which can be accessed via the link below
• Primarily the programme is available to those players in full time, state funded education. There are certain caveats which may be found in the “Criteria for application and enrolment” section of the programme overview which can be accessed via the link below.Diploma in Sporting Excellence