The Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE) programme is a government funded scheme designed to directly measure the athletes' ability to plan, apply and evaluate their development in the appropriate aspects of hockey.
The DiSE programme is delivered in partnership between England Hockey and Loughborough College. Players will be expected to attend four national camps that provide a rich blend of on-pitch technical and tactical sessions, presentations, 1-2-1s and elements of portfolio work.
DiSE is part of the European Social Fund.
Who is eligible for the programme – 2021 Enrolments?
• Players entering into Year 12 or post GCSE full time courses in either school or a further education college (excluding apprenticeships).
• Players must remain in full time education for the duration of the DISE programme.
• Players must be born between 1st September 2004 and 31st August 2005
• Players must have been in the Performance Centre programme in 2020-2021
• Priority will be given to athletes who can attend all four camps. Please refer to dates listed in the earlier part of the programme overview which can be accessed via the link below
• Government legislation dictates the programme is accessible only to those players in full time, state funded education. There are certain caveats which may be found in the “Criteria for application and enrolment” section of the programme overview which can be accessed via the link below*.
*Please note the programme overview is to be updated for 2021 enrolments, please disregard listed dates. A revised document will be posted in due course
Age eligible Performance Centre and England Age Group players will receive direct communication from England Hockey providing up to date programme information and details of the enrolment process.Diploma in Sporting Excellence