Celebrate how fantastic your volunteers are, make their experience as fun as possible recognising their incredible commitment.
As simple as it may sound, thanking volunteers for their time and effort is often forgotten about or overlooked in clubs and organisations.
Successfully managing volunteers is a team effort, so make sure you tell everyone at your club/organisation, for example, any paid staff, committee members, players and parents about the vital role your volunteers play, and the difference they are making to your hockey family.
- Face to Face thank you praising them for what they have achieved and the impact this has had on your hockey family
- Make a phone call or send a text to say thank you after an event or meeting to recognise their hard work
- Post stories, pictures and thanks on your website, newsletters and social media pages
- Regular ‘shout-outs’ at the end of activity sessions
- Supply free kit, for example, a coaching jacket
- Club Volunteer of the Month Award
- England Hockey ‘Thank You’ Certificate
- Personal thank you letters
- Thank you gifts, for example tickets, tickets to the end of season party, FIH Pro League tickets or take them out for lunch
- Recognise their commitment by nominating your volunteers for Annual Awards, both within the club and external awards
- Reward key milestones – 5 years, 10 years service with a special gift and thank you from your hockey family
- Support their personal development, for example, funding training opportunities and courses/workshops
Why not celebrate the achievement of volunteers that have tirelessly made a difference. There may be national and local recognition awards that you can apply to.