UK Sport are the nation’s high-performance sports agency. Their primary role is to strategically invest National Lottery and Exchequer income to maximise the performance of UK athletes in the Olympic and Paralympic Games and the global events which precede them.
They directly fund four World Class Programmes for England and Great Britain Hockey:
- Great Britain and England senior programme (men)
- Great Britain and England senior programme (women)
- Great Britain Elite Development programme (men)
- Great Britain Elite Development programme (women)
With UK Sport’s support, we are able to thrive as a high performance National Governing Body, supporting players and staff to excel on the international stage. We are privileged and grateful to have had support and backing from UK Sport and National Lottery since UK Sport was founded in 1997.
We work closely with UK Sport and Sport England to provide the best possible training and competition environments across the UK. This ongoing support has directly led to many athletes achieving personal excellence, growing and thriving as young people and delivering podium success over many years.
In addition, UK Sport and The National Lottery have helped facilitate the organisation of numerous major hockey events at Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, including:
- Vitality FIH Hockey Women's World Cup 2018
- FIH Men's Hockey World League 2017
- FIH Men's and Women's Champions Trophy 2016
- UniBet EuroHockey Men's and Women's Championships 2015
- Many more besides