The Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE) programme is a government funded scheme designed to directly measure the athletes' ability to plan, apply and evaluate their development in the appropriate aspects of hockey.
The DiSE programme is delivered in partnership between England Hockey and Loughborough College. Players will be expected to attend two national camps, three hub days and a remote induction all designed to provide a rich blend of on-pitch technical and tactical sessions, presentations, 1-2-1s and elements of portfolio work.
DiSE is part of the European Social Fund.
Who is eligible for the programme (2023 enrolments)?
- Players entering into Year 12 or post GCSE full-time courses in either school or a further education college (excluding apprenticeships).
- Players must remain in full time education for the duration of the DiSE programme.
- Players must be born between 1st September 2006 and 31st August 2007
- Players should meet one of the following
- have been in the Talent Academy or England Age Group programme in 2022-2023 (priority 1)
- have played in the National League as per the criteria set and seen in the brochure (priority 2)
- players taken forward for Talent Academy activity in 2023-24 who were not part of the 2022-23 cycle (priority 2)
- Further priority will be given to athletes who can attend all activity. Please refer to the dates listed in the earlier part of the programme overview which can be accessed via the link below
- Government legislation dictates the programme is accessible only to those players in full time, state funded education. There are limited caveats which may be found in the “Criteria for application and enrolment” section of the programme overview which can be accessed via the link below*.
Age eligible Talent Academy players and England Age Group players will receive direct communication from England Hockey providing up-to-date programme information and details of the enrolment process for September 2023.
Players who believe they meet the National League criteria and interested in enrolling onto the programme should contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance to initiate an informal discussion.Diploma in Sporting Excellence – Programme Overview 2023