England Hockey is looking for members to join its new Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group
England Hockey is committed to the principles of fair treatment for everyone, embracing differences and creating a culture where everyone is welcome. We recognise that there is much that can be done to ensure our sport is diverse and to help us achieve this we are establishing an Advisory Group to contribute to our Strategy, Action Plan and future initiatives.
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group will bring together a collective of expert representatives to support and advise on the future development, implementation and evaluation of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion work.
England Hockey recognises a need to evolve continuously so as to successfully embed equality, diversity and inclusion (ED&I) in all that we do. The Advisory Group will provide support, advice and assurance on the organisation's journey to deliver changes at all levels of the sport. We are also keen to leverage experience from the other sectors, sports and nations as we develop our policies and best practices. The Advisory Group will review our emerging strategy and contribute to a clear action plan for the England Hockey Board, which will result in improved representation, fair and inclusive policies and practices and a sport that is welcoming to all.
The subject matter for meetings will be wide-ranging and varied with a focus on the following areas of work over the next 12 months:
- Analyse and review the results of hockey’s recently conducted More Inclusive Sport Survey
- Support, advise and be involved in the development of a high-level action plan for the sport with endorsement from the England Hockey Board
- Provide oversight and monitoring of the progress made by England Hockey against the agreed Strategy and Action Plan
We are seeking individuals from a range of backgrounds who collectively will bring diversity in thought, expertise and relevant experience in hockey, other sports and other sectors. They will be excellent communicators and have the ability to provide constructive feedback. Group members will be selected based on the following skills and / or experiences:
- Specialist knowledge and experience of ED&I programmes and/or behavioural change programmes
- Experience of contributing to strategic culture and process change
- Experience in the Education sector, community programmes, local Government and the provision of sports
- A broad understanding of the challenges of ED&I
- A strong commitment and genuine desire to make a difference to ED&I
- Excellent interpersonal skills
It is not necessarily required that group members have an in-depth knowledge of hockey
Meetings will be held virtually.
The Advisory Group will formally meet a minimum of 4 times a year. If further meetings are required, prior notice will be given.
The initial term is for 12 months, after which the effectiveness shall be reviewed by The Advisory Group and The Board. This includes a review of membership and relevant skills, any changes considered necessary must be approved by The Board.
If you have a real desire to make an impact and would like to be a member of the England Hockey Equality Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group please email a completed equality monitoring form, CV and covering letter outlining any skills and experiences to support your application to email@example.com by Friday 18 June 2021.
This is a voluntary role.
For more information on the role or for an informal discussion please contact Isla Strachan, ED&I Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or 01628 897500
England Hockey is an equal opportunities employer, recognising and valuing diversity in unique talents and abilities.