The following Championships are nationally organised:
- Girls' and Notts Sport Boys' U18 Tier 1 Schools Championships
- Girls' and Notts Sport Boys' U18 Tier 2 & Tier 3 Schools Championships
- Girls' and Notts Sport Boys' U16 Tier 1 & Tier 2 Schools Championships
In addition to the above, the following Championships are organised locally with County, Regional and where highlighted*, National finals.
- Girls' and Notts Sport Boys' U18 Tier 4* Schools Championships
- Girls' and Notts Sport Boys' U16 Tier 3* & Tier 4 Schools Championships
- Girls' and Notts Sport Boys' U14 Tier 1*, Tier 2* & Tier 3 Schools Championships
- Boys and Girls In2Hockey U13 Tier 1*. U12 Tier 2 and U11 Tier 1 Schools Championships
If you are looking for new opportunities for participation in these Championships please contact email@example.com in the first instance which will enable us to put these schools in touch with local competition organisers.
In 2016 and 2017 England Hockey consulted with clubs and schools about its annual programme of competitions.
One of the key messages we heard the most was the need to provide appropriate competition depending on a team’s ability. This is particularly relevant to our schools competitions where up until 2018/19 all schools entered the same level of competition, whatever their level of hockey activity or ability.
England Hockey had successfully introduced tiered Championships for clubs – adults, masters and juniors - in the 2017/18 season. In 2018/19 we introduced tiered Schools Championships.
These Championships provide different levels of competitive opportunities for schools. England Hockey will provide guidance on which Tier may suit which level of school team, however this can only be guidance, and within any Tier there may still be teams of variable experience and ability.
The competitions offer includes ones based on the traditional County competitions, leading to Regional and National finals, knockout competitions and, at U18 level, a two term league for high performing schools specialising in hockey.
We have categorised schools as follows:
Please note: All competitions are 11-a-side unless shown.