The Game Management System (GMS) is England Hockeys new system to record all hockey matches in England.
It is designed to hold all club team and player records as well as game data entered by the team captains or managers.
It is the start of the future for hockey, it will be the home of player profiles which will hold a digital history of games played, match reports and more.
This system is the beginning and is taking its first steps in introducing a common platform for fixtures and results.
The initial launch of GMS will focus on ensuring the basic requirements are all in place. We will be rolling out more functionality and improvements in the planned development phases, over the coming months. The GMS is focused on streamlining competition administration for clubs and administrators. GMS will not replace the club management systems that clubs use.
The information below will help you understand what your role is and what to do.
What do I have to do?
- Participant Profile – All players have to be registered (so you can appear on match sheets). You must set up an individual account. This is a quick process and you only need to do it once.
- Your profile will capture your playing and umpiring history, your details and consents. This will stay with you if you move clubs.
- You’ll have to link yourself to hockey clubs that you currently play for. This is because many players might play for more than one club or team (e.g. summer league etc).
- Player Transfer – You’ll be able to initiate a transfer during the season to play for another club in a competition if regulations permit.
When do I have to do it?
- Look out for the link to sign up coming shortly.
What's coming in future phases:
- Your playing history – This captures appearance in clubs and teams, goals scored, cards (providing this is captured on match sheet)
- GPS Tracking Map - Add your smartwatch or fitbit tracker to your match history
- Videos - Add video clips of goals scored or team photos
This section provides details of the online training video sessions.
If you have any questions please read the FAQ's first and input into the questions log. For anything urgent please contact the GMS support email. GMS.firstname.lastname@example.org