Mixed Finals 2016: Day 1

Sevenoaks Mixed
Plate Semi Final 1: 

Sevenoaks 8-0 Sutton Coldfield 

The first twenty minutes of the game could have been anyones; good chances for either side and solid defending for both kept the scoreline even in the first 15 mins. 
The first goals came from Sevenoaks in the 23rd minute from Tim Warrington. This opened a barrage of goals to close the half. 
Max Denniff taking a field goal and captain Duncan Parnis finishing the half by expertly converting penalty corner. 
Sutton Coldfield came back a more determined side in the second half however the attacking from Sevenoaks was relentless. 
Parnis added another to his tally, whilst Jet Van Zalen and Susie Finlayson added another making the score 6-0. 
Not to be outdone Katy Warrington put a penalty corner into the net, with Parnis getting his third of the game to sign off his hattrick, and seal Sevenoaks' place in the final. 

Plate Semi Final 2: 

Havering 3-1 Reading 

This game was set to be good from the off with Reading returning to defend their plate title and Havering looking to stamp their authority and defy the odds. 
A goaless first half was still entertaining with some quality hockey on show from both sides.
An inspiring half time team talk for Havering led to some aggressive attacking with captain Harry Andrews kicking off the scoring.
This opened the gates and in quick succession Sue Harwood and Connor Poulain made it 3-0.
A last minute rebuttle and consolation goal from Rob Farrow for Reading wasnt enough and Havering denied the reigning champions to secure their place in the final. 

Trophy Semi Final 1: 

Banbury 3-1 Bristol Firebrands

Looking to build on their previous Knockout success in the 2XI Plate, Banbury took an early lead from a Josh Nunneley goal catching Bristoloutfit off guard after just two minutes. 
Plenty of end to end hockey made the game easy on the eyes. Plenty of attacking intent saw Banbury double their lead with a goal from Charlotte Matthews despite the brave efforts of Firebrands. 
And they started the second half fighting, with James McCrea smasing in a penalty corner andhalving the deficit. 
With it all to play for Banbury had to hold firm to keep their lead after weathering a storm from Firebrands. 
However Barney Williams secured their win with a goal from a penalty corner to make it 3-1 to Banbury and secure their place in the Trophy Final. 

Trophy Semi Final 2: 

Harleston Magpies 0-0 Formby 
Formby won 6-5 on penalty strokes. 

One of the most highly anticipated games of the day, to see the current Trophy holders defend their title. Both teams gave it their all. Chances and close misses from both sides made for a very entertaining game. 
Solid defending kept the score line at nothing a piece throughout. A last chance from Harleston going in just after the final whistle meant only one thing. 
Barrage of five each left both teams level pegging at 3 strokes in and 2 misses each. Sudden death was next - some fantastic saves from both goalkeepers; John Livings and Kiefer Gallagher. 
Formby stepped up to the plate for the first sudden death and it went straight in the net thanks to Connel Capper. Alot of hope rested on James Meek for Harleston. 
Kiefer Gallagher made a spectacular save to give Formby the place in the final.