HockeyFest is an exciting ‘Club Day’ event hosted by clubs and supported by England Hockey. It launched back in 2015 and since then we have seen over 1000 events hosted with over 500 clubs involved across the country. HockeyFest is a friendly and social event held over the summer. Designed to help clubs open their doors to new and existing players, bringing everyone together to have a great day.
The event can be big or small and with any format you like. Some clubs host mini-tournaments, skills challenges and workshops for on-pitch fun. You can have BBQs, bake sales or picnics. You can use it as a fundraising event or as a welcome to the new season event. It’s entirely up to you.
The event highlights the best aspects that the sport has to offer, including an equal split between men and women playing and being inclusive to all ages and abilities. With many clubs seeing a range of generations taking part, it really is a family affair.
Start planning your club’s HockeyFest event and access a whole host of support materials, including a series of ready-made marketing templates.
Support Available to Clubs
- Talk to your local Club Development Manager - they are able to provide hands-on support and share great examples of how HockeyFest has worked at other clubs.
- Read City of York Hockey Club's Case Study, showcasing how they use HockeyFest to start their season in style and get some useful tips for your own event
- Club Support Guide - A guide that supports clubs to host HockeyFest
- Promoting your sessions - access a free online portal where you can personalise marketing items like posters and social media content to support your club in promoting HockeyFest to the local community.
- We also have a Top Tips booklet to help you publicise your events.
City of York Hockey Club - HockeyFestClick to view