Information for current Learners
Following the review of the coach development pathway the previous Level 1 and 2 courses have been replaced by the Introduction to Hockey Coaching, England Hockey Sessional Coach and England Hockey Coach Courses. The Level 3 Course has been replaced by the Advanced Coach Programme.
- Attended a certificated Emergency First Aid Course lasting a minimum of 3 hours and including CPR training; it must be current and maintained (a refresher or recertification is required every 3 years)
- Attended a recognised child protection workshop that is current and maintained every 3 years. The following are accepted:
- sportscoach UK - Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport (SPC 1 or 2)
- Football Association Safeguarding Children Workshop
- Online sportscoach UK renewal, Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport - please note this option can only be accessed if you have completed the face-to-face workshop (SPC 1 or 2, or FA Workshop) in the last 3 years. You will be required to send in both certificates when requesting certification
- Have fully completed all tasks in the portfolio and ensure all tasks are signed, as appropriate, by the witness or mentor
- Have completed 2 practical assessments with a qualified England Hockey assessor, one with adults and one with junior players.
- Attended all 6 Level 3 Workshops
- Please note whilst England Hockey are completing the review process Level 3 learners can access the Integrating Goalkeepers Coaching Club Workshop as an alternative to the GK Bronze Award
- Have fully completed all tasks in the portfolio and had this marked by a qualified England Hockey Assessor
- Have completed 2 practical assessments with a qualified England Hockey assessor
Please be aware that your practical assessment cannot be arranged until your portfolio has been fully signed off by an England Hockey Portfolio Marker. Arranging assessments can take up to 3 months to organise, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you feel your portfolio is ready to be marked.
If you experience problems completing within this time period please get in contact with email@example.com PRIOR to your expiry date to enable us to liaise with 1st4sport to try and support you in getting certified.
Learners must complete by July 15th 2017. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more support.