UKCC England Hockey Coach
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for people who are the regular coach of a hockey programme (ie Club Team or School Team over a season, JDC or JAC)
On successful completion of the course, e-portfolio and assessment, coaches will have the skills and experience necessary to be able to coach independently and plan and deliver linked and progressive sessions.
We also recommend all coaches hold a relevant First Aid certificate, DBS and appropriate insurance cover.
If you are unsure if this is the right course for you please click here to see the other options available as part of the England Hockey Coaching Pathway.
What experience do I need?
To attend this course you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Able to provide evidence of the need for this qualification linked to current or future coaching roles e,g, you will be leading regular sessions independently over a season or programme
- Able to provide evidence of delivering relevant hockey coaching sessions/programme over the past 2 years
- Hold one of the following
- A UKCC Level 1 Hockey Qualification
- Attended 6 hours of England Hockey CPD over the past 24 months, this can include a combination of Introduction to Hockey Coaching, Engaging Games For Children, Coaching For Club Players, Coaching For Talent and/or Integrating GKs
- A Teaching Qualification
- Provide evidence of being a practicing and qualified UKCC Level One coach in another sport in a comparable environment e.g. team sport/invasion game. Certification and witness testimony may be necessary
If you do not meet the criteria above but feel you hold other relevant skills and experience to gain a place on the course please DO NOT book online, please download and complete the following Application Form and return to email@example.com. A member of the coaching team will then get back in touch to let you know if you have been successful in this application or to recommend another option from the coach development pathway
If you are aged 16-18 and would like to access development opportunities we recommend that you attend workshops from the Great Britain Coaching Club Programme, this includes an Introduction to Hockey Coaching Course, alongside gaining experience through supporting other coaches until you are 18 and able to attend a course to coach independently.
How long is it and how am I assessed?
The face-to-face element of this course is 3 days in length, learners will also be expected to complete some home study tasks prior to these contact days and following on from the course.
The home study element will include an e-portfolio which comprises additional reading and a few written tasks. Learners will also be required to complete a further six hours of practical coaching following on from the 3 day course and prior to their practical assessment, some of which should be mentored. Learners must also hold a safeguarding certificate prior to certification.
Learners will complete one practical assessment with children that will take place as part of an assessment day after the 3 day course.
The course must be completed within 18 months of the course start date and it is the coaches responsibility to ensure their assessment and e-portfolio are completed by this date
How much does it cost?
The cost to book on is £380 for members and £460 for non members