Kirsty actually started with sport with football, playing at the Blackburn Centre of Excellence, and her P.E. teacher thought she'd be good in goal. One thing led to another and before she knew it Kirsty was goalkeeping for the England U16 squad at the age of 13, the youngest goalkeeper ever. This was even before she'd joined a hockey club, and after all these years she's now captained England more times than she has caps.
Outside of playing for England, Kirsty's got a degree in Sport and Excercise Science - currently studying for a masters in Sports and Exercise Physiology - and as a sporting champion she goes round schools and events to inspire people to engage in sport. As if that wasn't enough sport, Kirsty's also just set up her own coaching business - Mac 2 Sport.
- Date of birth:
- Facebook Page:
- Twitter account:
2014 World Cup
2014 Champions Trophy
2013 World League Semi Final
2013 EuroHockey Championships
2013 World League Final
2010 Indoor EuroHockey Nations Championship III
2008 Indoor EuroHockey Nations Championship
2013 World League Final - Bronze
2010 Indoor EuroHockey Nations Championship III - Gold
- England & GB Senior Women
- Current club:
- East Grinstead
- Former club(s):
- Blackburn, Bowdon Hightown
- Moor Park Junior School
- Shirt number:
- International Debut:
- 5th February 2013
- Most Memorable Acheivement:
- Gaining my first GB cap in Salta, Argentina.
- If not you then who? If not now then when?
- Non-hockey hobbies:
- Cooking, Music, travelling, eating out, gym
- My sporting idol is...:
- David Beckham & Kelly Holmes
- If I wasn't a hockey player I would be...:
- obese, as I love my food too much!
- I can't leave home without...:
- my music!
- Favourite outfit:
- Putting a dress on and a pair of heels on, as people think my only outfits are training gear or my GK kit!
- Favourite shop:
- Which stick do you use:
- Do you have any superstitions / rituals before matches:
- Nothing can be odd but I jump three times before the whistle! ha
- Favourite meal to cook:
- Thai Green Curry from scratch or Fajitas
- Favourite pre-match meal::
- Fruit, granola and total 0% yoghurt
- Top fitness tip:
- Breathe! - I always forget to...on a serious note pair up with a friend and you will be more likely to stick to it!
- Shoes or Handbags:
- Surf or Snow:
- Attack or Defend:
- Ice Cream or Chocolate:
- Night In or Night Out:
- Night Out
The England Hockey communications team is responsible for handling all media enquiries related to the GB hockey teams. If you wish to request an interview, photograph or filming opportunity please contact:
Jennie Byass, Communications Officer
Further information about England Hockey media requests is available in the Media Centre.