The number of disabled people who take part in sport has grown significantly and England Hockey are committed to providing hockey playing opportunities with an emphasis on inclusion and participation.
We work in collaboration with Access Sport to grow the number of clubs offering Flyerz Hockey to increase access and opportunity for disabled people to join the hockey family.
We work in collaboration with Access Sport who can support clubs with;
- Integrating Flyerz into your club
- Promoting Flyerz and engaging your community
- Disability inclusion training
- Funding opportunities
- Access to the Flyerz network
- Invitations for opportunities to play at every level
A one-page summary of who Access Sport are and what they can do for clubs is available here.
Flyerz is for all as sessions and equipment can be adapted to ensure inclusivity of any disability and long-term health condition. One of the best bits about Flyerz is the whole family can join in and be physically active together.
Flyerz can benefit your club in a number of ways;
- Supporting your club to be fully inclusive
- It is an excellent opportunity to raise the profile of your club in the local community
- Flyerz Hockey is often an attractive proposition for sponsorship
- Clubs have also told us it has a uniting factor with many current members having a passion to be involved
- Flyerz Hockey Club Support Guide - A guide that supports clubs to offer Flyerz Hockey, from preparing and promoting sessions through to session ideas and simple rules.
- Disability inclusion training - Workshops offered by Access Sport to support clubs and their delivers to begin offering Flyerz Hockey.
- Marketing Portal - An online portal where you can personalise marketing materials like posters and social media content to support with promotion of your sessions.
- Suite of Resources - A collection of resources from partners such as the Activity Alliance, UK coaching, Access Sport, Disability Sports Coach and Sport England. Covering topics like; inclusive communication, coaching ideas, specific impairment guidance and much more.
- Relationship Manager Support: Don’t forget to catch up with your local Relationship Manager to share your ideas and they can provide bespoke advice and guidance.
If you would like to discuss how your club can offer Flyerz Hockey, please get in touch here.
If you would like to ask a question or need further support please get in touch.Contact us