Hockey Heroes is a fun and welcoming 8-week programme aimed at children aged 5-8. The sessions focus on helping children develop some physical hockey superpowers such as dribbling, passing and goal scoring, but also places as much emphasis on character development superpowers including teamwork, communication, perseverance and respect. Specially designed plastic hockey sticks and a larger, lighter safer ball means it can be played on any indoor or outdoor surface.
Hockey Heroes is for children aged 5-8 years that are new to hockey and focuses on fun and enjoyment. The programme recognises the important role that parents play in encouraging their children to be active and to develop an interest in sport. Certain elements within the programme have been specially designed to maximise parental interest, engagement and involvement.
It also brings parents to the club, so think about offering some Back to Hockey or Walking Hockey alongside the junior sessions to further engage them in the club.
Hockey Heroes is designed to help with the recruitment of juniors into clubs by providing a stepping stone towards membership for children and parents who have little or no experience of hockey.
The programme is a pre-designed fully branded 8-week course that provides clubs with all the activity, game content and equipment for the 8 weeks’ worth of delivery.
An online management system allows clubs to register, manage and promote their Hockey Heroes sessions and children who book onto Hockey Heroes receive a bespoke equipment pack direct to their house designed to build the excitement prior to attending the club.
Clubs receive a financial kickback for every child who books onto the programme.
- ClubSpark - An online management system that allows clubs to register, manage and promote their Hockey Heroes sessions and makes the sessions easily found by potential players. To access the system, please contact us and we will send you your club's bespoke sign up link for ClubSpark so your club can create a free account. You will then receive guidance on how to register your sessions on the site.
- Marketing Portal - An online portal where you can access and personalise marketing materials like posters and social media content to support with promotion of your sessions. In addition clubs receive a marketing pack which includes flyers and posters.
- Club Delivery Guide: A comprehensive club delivery guide which takes clubs through all the steps involved in delivering Hockey Heroes.
- Hockey Hub: Sign up to access a range of Hockey Heroes coaching videos, activity cards and resources. To provide your coach with a prescribed eight week programme of content to create an enjoyable environment, tailored towards the individuals attending.
- Relationship Manager Support - Don’t forget to catch up with your local Relationship Manager to share your ideas and they can provide bespoke advice and guidance.
To deliver the programme clubs need to
- Ideally deliver 2 blocks of 8 week sessions between September and August in any one year
- Engage with 3 local primary schools
- Arrange for 2 volunteers aged 18+ to attend the on-line delivery training, complete an enhanced DBS check and undertake the England Hockey on-line Safeguarding course
- Have public liability insurance of a minimum of £5m and employers’ liability if appropriate.
If you can meet the criteria above and would like to receive further details please contact email@example.com
If you would like to ask a question or need further support please get in touch.Contact us