Having won medals at both the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and being voted Governing Body of the Year, the sport of hockey is on the rise!
England Hockey employ over 80 staff and also use over 200 consultants in performance/coach/official/leadership education and development, all working together on a common vision to become ‘A Nation Where Hockey matters’. With our mission being “To Provide Inspirational Leadership To Deliver Our Ambitions”.
The current focus for the organisation is delivery of its five objectives within the 2017 -2027 strategic plan:
- International success - Being systemically & consistently top 3 in the world in both genders
- Increased visibility - Triple hockey’s fan base to 750k Strongly Attached Followers/Attached Followers and have 180 hours of hockey coverage on TV per annum
- Growth in participation - Double the number of club hockey players from 140 to 280k
- Develop hockey’s infrastructure - Ensuring our infrastructure is fit for the purpose of driving our objectives
- Be proud and respected custodians of hockey - Enhancing the reputation of hockey whilst becoming financially independent
Our four directorates and their key work areas are listed below, however, whichever areas you work in you will join a team who demonstrate ambition, integrity, focus and inspiration in everything they do.