Creating opportunities for more diverse coaching in England.
As part of our Equality Diversity & Inclusion framework launched in 2022, we aim to ensure hockey reflects society and remains relevant in the 21st century. Part of that journey is about creating access for people of all backgrounds to participate in hockey in any way.
As part of our commitment, we’re launching a talent inclusion project which will support our aim to make hockey coaching reflect our current society. We aim to support coaches in creating environments that attract a greater diversity of players from ethnically / culturally diverse communities into the game. This in turn will support more players which over time will lead to our international players and coaches being more diverse, reflect society, and be role models for future generations.
What is the Talent Inclusion project?
This project has been set up to create opportunities for more diverse coaching. Being part of the project would allow coaches to:
- Access to tailor-made England Hockey coaching programme to help support you on your future coaching journey
- Work with, and be supported by, England Hockey coaches, players, coach developers, personal mentor and an extended network of exciting people to support you on your journey
- Support your desire to coach in a variety of environments and at any level.
Who is this project for?
We’re looking for 10-15 people who want to work with England Hockey over the next 12 – 24 months on a very flexible basis. The benefit of this project is the flexibility in designing the right programme for you. People who will enjoy this:
- Are from a culturally/ethnically diverse background
- Love supporting people in their community
- Enjoy working with young people
- Don’t need to have experience in hockey or sports coaching
- May already volunteer
- Have time in the day and/or evenings to be involved with sessions and work with schools and community groups over a 12- 24 month period. (This is flexible to work around you).
How do I find out more?
If you’d like to know more, we’d love to hear from you. Simply register your interest at enquires@EnglandHockey.co.uk and one of the team will be in touch straight away.
The deadline for enquires is 5pm Wednesday 31 May.