A fantastically fun way to try something new. Vitality Back To Hockey is fun, social and informal. With sessions aimed at men and women of all ages and abilities. Aimed to make new and returning players feel at ease, Vitality Back To Hockey coaches are encouraged to gently guide them through a series of fun and interactive sessions, all in a super-friendly and relaxed environment.
To support clubs England Hockey have invested in an online management system called ClubSpark that allows clubs to register, manage and promote their Vitality Back To Hockey sessions and makes the sessions easily found by potential players.
Vitality Back To Hockey is a great offer for players new to the sport and those that haven’t played since school, who might be too intimidated or nervous to go to ‘club training’. Offering session therefore opens your club to a whole new audience.
It is also a fantastic option to offer alongside your junior activitys for parents who otherwise would be standing by the pitch, creating a stronger connection with the club.
Don’t forget to invite club members who have stopped playing as this could be the perfect way to re-engage them.
Since launching more than 325 clubs have delivered Vitality Back To Hockey sessions with over 70% of these clubs growing their membership. Around 20,000 players have taken part in a Back to Hockey session and 85% players say they want to continue playing hockey as a result.
Clubs across the country have also seen a variety of other benefits.
- More Club Players - 40 players have started to play regularly again in just 18 months (Prescot HC)
- More Casual Players - We can target players who just want to play for fun and do not want to commit to a club environment (Belper HC)
- Additional Income - The pitch is already booked for other teams and we are volunteers so all subs go straight into the club’s funds (Wimbledon HC)
- Extra Publicity - It is an excellent opportunity to raise the profile of our family club in the local area (Gillingham Anchorians HC)
- New Volunteers - Around a dozen members have supported the sessions, which is great as it also helps promote the social side (Gillingham Anchorians HC)
- Feel Good Factor - This group have brought enthusiasm to our ladies section that, quite honestly, has turned it around (Keynsham HC)
To support clubs, we have provided several tools to help you plan, promote and run your sessions, including;
- ClubSpark - An online management system that allows clubs to register, manage and promote their Vitality Back To Hockey sessions and makes the sessions easily found by potential players. To access the system, please contact us and we will send you your club's bespoke sign up link for ClubSpark so your club can create a free account. You will then receive guidance on how to register your sessions on the site.
- Marketing Portal - An online portal where you can access and personalise marketing materials like posters and social media content to support with promotion of your sessions.
- Top Tips for Marketing: Ideas on how and where to promote your sessions to get as many players attending as possible
- Hockey Hub: Access a range of Vitality Back to Hockey specific coaching videos, activity cards and resources. To provide your coach with a variety of content to help create an enjoyable environment, tailored towards the individuals attending, to ultimately keep them coming back week after week.
- Relationship Manager Support: Don’t forget to catch up with your local Relationship Manager to share your ideas and they can provide bespoke advice and guidance.
If you would like to discuss how your club can offer Vitality Back to Hockey or to gain access to ClubSpark, please get in touch here.
If you would like to ask a question or need further support please get in touch.Contact us