Change [ cheynj ]: To transform, alter or modify
Change starts now. It starts with you! And without you, we can’t change.
Help us shape how equality, diversity and inclusion is transforming hockey.
Earlier this year England Hockey announced our intention to hold a free, online conference focusing on Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, titled ‘Change Starts Together – connecting hockey to be more inclusive’
In order to be as inclusive as possible, we asked you to complete a survey about the day & time that works best for you & as a result of this, are excited to announce that the online conference will be held on Tuesday 2nd November from 17:30 – 19:00.
England Hockey acknowledge that hockey can, and needs to, do more to make our great sport more inclusive. We are listening, we are learning and we do genuinely want hockey to be a more diverse and inclusive sport. This will take time and change won’t happen overnight, but with support from the Hockey Family we can all start to make a difference #ChangeStartsTogether.
This conference, hosted by a special guest, is a chance for everyone to come together and:
- Connect: Understand what equality, diversity and inclusion is and the current position in hockey
- Challenge: Holding ourselves and those around us to be more accountable for equality, diversity and inclusion in hockey
- Culture: Drive change through a collaborative approach #ChangeStartsTogether
- Clarity: Who’s role is what in driving change and being accountable
During the conference England Hockey will be sharing information on the following:
- Why Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is important to hockey
- The results of the recently conducted More Inclusive Sport Survey
- Updates on training received by The Board & all staff
- Plans for the future and how you as a club, official, player, fan, volunteer, anyone with an interest in hockey, can support in our development
Change Starts Together – connecting hockey to be more inclusive will be held on zoom, secure your free place here.